On This Page:
[The Book Shelf]
[Hiatt Darby Restraints]
[Men's Erotic Wear]
[Snaps and Links]
18 February 2013
Hiatt Thompson has stopped importing the Darby Irons and has
basically dropped out of the business. We have some inventory left, please
has been making the Darby Style restraints since the 1800's. ,
These non-adjustable irons use a spring loaded locking ping that uses
a worm gear. They are real easy to put on, but since the key
must be screwed in to unlock the cuff and then unscrewed to use on the
other cuff, they take some time to remove. The shape and
construction make for a very comfortable restraint. Originally made of
low grade steel or iron, the reproduction restraints offered here are
made of a softer cast metal. Imported from England and assembled in
the USA by Hiatt-Thompson Corp.
- single position, screw lock; automatically double locking;
- swivel linkage prevents kinks in the chain (N/A in combination
- solid bar style is ½" in diameter, uses welded ring ends
(non-swivel) and has a hole in the bar center.
- Available in a pewter look, antique finish (A) and in a nickel
plated finish (N);
- separate sized keys for wrist and ankle irons (spare
The hand irons, fit most wrists, and come in three styles:
- short 3" chain, weight approximately 11oz.
- 12" separating chain and great for those household and
dungeon chores; weight approximately 14oz.
- separated by a solid 12" bar; weight approximately
leg irons are actually sized to fit over boots (e.g., combat
boots) and could be slipped out of by individuals with small
feet. Shackles are
connected by a 14" chain with a swivel link in center;
weight approximately 2lbs. 2oz.